Want to cure acne but don’t have lots of money to spend on surgeries and expensive anti-acne products? Here are 10 natural remedies for acne you can do from home and using things you can also find at home!
1. Yogurt and fine oatmeal. Mix the natural yogurt and the oatmeal together to form a paste. Apply the mixture directly on your face and leave to dry. After several minutes, wash your face with lukewarm water. Pat dry. Don’t forget to use a clean towel!
2. Aloe vera. You need not have raw aloe vera, though. If you have a soap with aloe vera ingredients, then that’s suffice.
3. Tea bags and basil. Prepare and cook 2 tea bags. Once done, mix with dried basil. Mix for about 20 minutes. Use the resulting mixture and apply on the inflamed skin. Use a cotton ball to do this. The ingredients in the tea bags mixed with dried basil make up for effective natural remedies for acne.
4. Honey. If you have at least a few spoonfuls of honey in your kitchen cupboard, make use of this to treat your acne. Apply the honey directly on your face. Let it sit for a few hours. Rinse well.
5. Honey and cinnamon powder. This is another variation of the previously mentioned acne treatment. Mix the honey and cinnamon powder. Apply the paste on your face. Let it sit overnight. Wash your face well the next morning with lukewarm water.
6. Orange peel. Pound the peel, mix with water. Apply on your face. Leave for about 15 minutes.
7. Groundnut oil. Mix a tablespoon of this with a tablespoon of lime juice. Use the paste to treat your inflamed skin. This has been long recognized as one of the natural remedies for acne.
8. Milk and lime juice. Boil milk (about half a glass) and then mix with fresh lime juice. The resulting liquid can be used to treat cracked skin as well as other types of acne such as whiteheads and blackheads.
9. Tomatoes. Here’s good reason for you to use those tomatoes lying around the kitchen! Slice ripe tomatoes and apply the juice directly on your face. Wash your face well after a few minutes. Did we mention this is a great reason for you to probably start planting tomatoes?
10. Wheat grass. No need to apply this on your face, though! Instead, drink a shot of wheat grass juice everyday. Sooner or later, the acne will just disappear.